The ideal would be the sustainable/local menu. But that’s not what we have as in doing that the economic side of the budget would tip over. Our goal is to have a plentiful garden, and then my goal is to have a true harvest dinner for Thanksgiving. Or as close as we’ll get with our city-garden and lack of farm animals.
Regardless, I like sharing my menus, so here it is:
- Roast turkey brined for 20+ hours in water, salt, rosemary, oregano, and coriander
- Dressing (I actually dislike stuffing!) made from homemade bread
- Roasted garlic
- Sweet potatoes
- Green beans
- Green bean casserole
- Cranberry sauce, made fresh with orange juice
- Mashed potatoes with garlic & Parmesan-Romano cheese
- Bread, fresh baked yesterday
- Apple pie, with homemade crust
- Pumpkin pie, with homemade crust and fresh, pureed pumpkin
- Whipped cream, homemade and fresh at time of serving
To drink, we will have a choice of:
Although our meal won’t be the most sustainable with food-transport calories used to get to our plate, it is all home cooked and home baked. The only items that will be processed on our menu would potentially be the cheese and beverages. I hope everyone enjoys! I’ll update with pictures later.